Shortbread is my favourite biscuit to make and eat at Christmas. This recipe turns out delicious every time and is easy to make.
- 100 grams white sugar (plus extra for sprinkling on)
- 200 grams butter
- 300 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Cut butter up in pieces and bring to room temperature.
- Add butter and sugar to a bowl and mix until pale and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Sift flour into the bowl and mix in gently. Once combined, knead gently with your hands until you have a dough.
- Roll dough out to 5mms thick.
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Place trays in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle biscuits with sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until light brown.
- Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool.
- Eat or gift them!
Watch the YouTube video for easy to follow visual instructions:
What biscuits do you bake for Christmas?
PLEASE share with us in the comments below
Image and video credit: YouTube