Risotto is the most fun to make and it tastes fantastic!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 large chicken breast, diced
- 6 rashers middle bacon
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 200g chives, chopped
- 1 large brown onion
- 6 button mushrooms
- 125ml white wine
- 75g butter
- generous sprinkle grated parmesan cheese
- splash olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a deep pot and dice your middle bacon, mushrooms and onion.
- Fry onion, bacon and mushrooms over medium heat until onion is cooked.
- Add rice and stir to keep from sticking.
- Pour in white wine and stir again, add chives.
- Add chicken breast pieces and stir continuously to keep from sticking.
- Add stock 1/2 cup at a time and wait until soaked up before adding next cup. Stirring once every 5-10 minutes.
- Once all liquid is soaked into rice and dish has a pearly consistency, add butter and parmesan and stir quickly.