Perfect for kids and adult lunch boxes alike, this Chicken Caesar Salad (with quirky Qukes ® baby snacking cucumbers, and vibrant, delectable Tomato Medley) will ensure the family never brings home a full lunchbox again.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 Chicken Breast Fillets
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Small Baguette, thinly sliced
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Green Baby Cos, trimmed
- 1 Red Baby Cos, trimmed
- 1 cup Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 bunch Coloured Dutch Carrots, trimmed, scrubbed, & halved lengthways
- 250g The Original grape tomatoes, halved
- 250g Qukes® Baby Snacking Cucumbers, sliced
- 60g Parmesan, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced. Brush chicken with a little olive oil and season. Heat a frying pan or barbecue plate over medium-high until hot. Add chicken, cook 3 minutes each side. Remove to an oven tray and transfer to the oven. Roast for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside 10 minutes then thinly slice.
- Add the garlic to the remaining oil then brush over both sides of sliced bread. Put bread onto oven tray in a single layer and bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden. Set aside to cool.
- Put the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, stirring to centre the egg yolk. Reduce the heat to medium. Simmer for 4 minutes. Refresh under cold water. Peel and slice the eggs. Roughly chop 6 green and 6 red baby cos leaves.
- Whisk dressing, mustard and olive oil together. Season. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons dressing into the base of each jar. Divide the carrots, tomatoes, qukes® baby cucumbers, cos, egg, chicken and parmesan into six portions, then layer them into the jars. Secure the lid. Keep in the fridge for up to 6 hours. Serve with croutons and extra parmesan if desired.