Decadent little moments of chocolatey, peanuty, fudgy fun. These chocolate melting moments with peanut butter fudge filling are definitely a sometimes food but perfect to serve just one with a coffee or take a plate to a special morning tea.
Ingredients (makes 30 biscuits)
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 1 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Icing Mixture
- 200 g Butter
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Condensed Milk
- 4 tbsp Soft Brown Sugar
- Sift together plain flour, cocoa powder and icing mixture in a large bowl.
- Place half the sifted mixture into a separate bowl and add all the butter (make sure the butter is as soft as possible without being melted). Mix with an electric mixer on low until combined and then speed up to high for 2 minutes.
- Add the second half of the dry mixture to the mixing bowl and mix again on slow to being with - speeding up to medium speed for 2 minutes once all ingredients are combined.
- In a small cup (either in the microwave or by sitting the cup in a bowl of boiling water) melt together the dark chocolate and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar. Add this to the biscuit mixture and fold through well.
- Roll a teaspoon of mixture into a ball and place 5 - 8cm apart on baking trays lined with baking paper. You can press them down with a fork or your fingertip if you like or leave them as balls.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes on 180 degrees celcius (175 for fan-forced) and then leave until completely cooled on the trays.
- While the biscuits are baking, combine the condensed milk, the peanut butter and 4 tablespoons of brown sugar in a heatproof bowl or jug. Microwave on low to medium power for one minute at a time - stirring in between each minute to check it's not burning. You are aiming for a fudgy consistency - remember it will be a little more running when it's hot and will thicken up as it cools.
- When the biscuits are completely cold, sandwich two biscuits together with a teaspoon of the fudge mixture. Be extremely gentle with the biscuits are they are very 'melt in your mouth' and therefore crumbly. Take care to wait until the fudge mixture has cooled otherwise your biscuits will slip and slide!
Want other fabulous recipes sent to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
This recipe was posted by: