The best battered fish you will ever have!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 flat head fillets (de-boned)
- 1 1/3 cup self-raising flour (sifted)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bottle Coopers Pale Ale
- Vegetable oil
- Combine the sifted flour and salt in a jug (approx. 2 litre capacity) then gradually add the beer using a whisk to stir until well combined and pancake consistency. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable oil to a large, deep non-stick fry-pan (approx. 2 inches deep) and heat to a moderate temperature.
- Dip the fish fillets into the batter and place into the oil for approximately 5 minutes each side. Turn carefully using a slotted spatula.
- Once the fish has been cooked on both sides, remove from the fry-pan and place on paper towel to soak up any excess oil.
- Serve immediately with oven baked wedges, fresh lemon wedges and a garden salad.
Want other fabulous recipes sent to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
This recipe was posted by: