This is such a fun recipe for the kids at Easter. They also love to have their hand in decorating.
Ingredients (serves 20)
- 75g butter
- 6 Tbs golden syrup
- 85g caster sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 330g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Tbs milk
- Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan and heat gently stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in the cinnamon, ginger and allspice into the butter mixture.
- In a large bowl mix together the plain flour and the bicarbonate of soda.
- Add the butter-spice mixture and milk to the flour and knead until dough is smooth.
- Cut with bunny shaped cutter and place on greased oven trays and bake in oven 180 degrees for approx 12 mins.
- Once cool completely decorate with royal icing and mini chocolate bunties or choc chips for eyes and larger brown bunties or choc chips/melts for a nose.