This is a fairly easy and pretty basic recipe, that allows for your own additions. You can add herbs of your choice, finely diced tomatoes, mushrooms, pineapple, spring onions – you're only limited by your imagination and taste preferences.
Ingredients (makes 12 Muffins)
- 2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 2 cups Tasty Matured Cheese (grated)
- 2 cups Skim Milk
- 2 rashers Bacon (finely chopped)
- 1/2 small Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- Extra grated Cheese
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl. Stir through grated cheese, bacon, onion and garlic. Gently mix in milk, ensuring well combined without over-mixing.
- Grease and flour 12 cup muffin pan, and divide muffin mixture evenly between 12 cups. Sprinkle a little of the extra cheese on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for around 20 - 30 minutes. Check after 20 minutes, as cooking time will depend on your oven. Cool muffins on a wire rack before serving.
Want other fabulous recipes sent to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
This recipe was posted by: