This zesty lemon meringue pie recipe is the perfect way to treat Dad this Father’s Day. It’s sure to be an instant family favourite!
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15g) Flora Light® margarine
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 egg white
- flour to roll pastry
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 5 level tablespoons custard powder
- ½ cup evaporated light milk
- 3 egg whites
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- Preheat oven 180°C fan forced.
- To make pastry: In a medium size mixing bowl combine flour and sugar. Melt margarine and add to milk, using a fork beat egg white into milk mixture until combined. Pour into flour and fold together. Place pastry on a well-floured surface and roll out to fit shape of round pie dish (23cm) that has been coated with cooking spray. Roll up pastry using a rolling pin, lift into pie plate. Trim around edges and bake 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- To make filling: In a medium size saucepan heat all ingredients except milk. Using a whisk, blend ingredients together until mixture comes to the boil, whisk in milk. Leave to cool.
- To make meringue: In a medium size mixing bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually add in sugar beating well each time until all sugar has been used.
- To assemble pie: Spread lemon filling evenly over prepared pastry base. Spoon meringue mixture on top of filling, spreading to the edge of pie, make peaks with flat of spoon. Bake10-15 minutes or until meringue is browned.
Recipe from Symply Too Good To Be True Book 2
Nutritional Information (Per Serve)
FAT TOTAL 1.0g
KILOJOULES 689 (cals 164)
GI RATING Medium
Want other fabulous recipes sent to you?
If you'd like recipes and other news sent to you, enter your email to join MoM: