Lyndey Milan, one of Australia’s most loved celebrity cooks with a long-standing reputation for supporting local growers, has joined the legion of famous faces to fly the flag for Aussie macadamias.
Thanks to Lyndey’s love of our finest nut and the growers who work around the clock to produce them, Aussies can now have their own ‘macadamia moment’ with family and friends, recreating this delicious recipe for loved ones at Christmas.
This recipe is as easy as it is delicious. The macadamia crust dresses up the salmon for Christmas entertaining. On a hot day you could serve the couscous cold, dressed with a little macadamia oil and squeeze of lemon.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 3/4 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 2/3 cups raw macadamias
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 3/4 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons sea salt flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons macadamia nut oil
- 8 x 180-200g salmon fillets, skin on
- lemon cheeks, to serve
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups instant couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock, hot
- 3/4 cup toasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 180’C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Process black pepper and coriander seeds until roughly chopped. Add macadamias, sesame, coconut, spices and salt and process until crumbly. Add macadamia oil and blend to combine. Place salmon fillets skin down on the baking tray and press the crust on top, about 1 cm in thickness.
- Place the salmon in the pre-heated oven for 7 minutes. Remove, turn on fan grill and place under hot grill for one minute to fully brown the crust. The crust should be golden and the inside of the salmon still pink. Roast for longer if you want it cooked through.
- Meanwhile for the couscous, combine garlic and couscous in a medium bowl and pour over hot stock and cover with a clean cloth. After 5 minutes fluff couscous with a fork to break up into grains. Stir through the macadamias and parsley.
- Serve salmon with macadamia couscous, lemon cheeks and green salad, if desired.
Want other fabulous recipes sent to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
This recipe was posted by: