Lyndey Milan, one of Australia’s most loved celebrity cooks with a long-standing reputation for supporting local growers, has joined the legion of famous faces to fly the flag for Aussie macadamias.
Thanks to Lyndey’s love of our finest nut and the growers who work around the clock to produce them, Aussies can now have their own ‘macadamia moment’ with family and friends, recreating this delicious recipe for loved ones at Christmas.
Based on a frangipane tart, macadamias in the pastry and the filling take it to a new level with this Nectarine and Macadamia Tart.
Ingredients (serves 10 | makes 1 Tart )
- 1/3 cup whole raw macadamias
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar pinch salt
- 90g cold butter, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons iced water
- 3 nectarines or peaches, cut into eighths
- ice-cream to serve
- 1 1/2 cups macadamias
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 150g butter
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Process macadamias until finely chopped, add flour, sugar, salt and butter until crumbly; add egg yolk, vanilla and water, process only until ingredients just come together. Do not overwork. Turn onto plastic wrap and gently knead together to form a disc. Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry between sheets of baking paper until large enough to line the base and side of a 24cm round loose-based flan tin. Peel away one sheet of baking paper, invert the pastry into the tin. Gently press pastry into the side then peel away the top sheet of paper. Trim the edges with a sharp knife. Prick with a fork and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180’C. Place pastry in tin on a baking tray, cover pastry with baking paper, fill with dried beans or rice. Bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes, then remove paper and weights and bake for a further10 minutes or until browned lightly.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Process the macadamias and two tablespoons of the flour until fine, add the butter and sugar and process well until pale. Add in the eggs, egg yolks and syrup and combine. Stir though the macadamia mixture and remaining flour.
- Spread the Macadamia Filling into the pastry base, arrange the nectarine segments over the filling. Bake in a moderate oven for about 40 – 45 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch. Cool.(If necessary shield the edges with foil to prevent burning.)
- Dust with sifted icing sugar if desired or serve as is with ice-cream.
Want other fabulous recipes sent to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
This recipe was posted by: