Sometimes I just feel like a simple meal for dinner or brekky, and this is my go to feel good food. It took me a while to perfect, as I cannot stand an undercooked or overcooked egg. The 6.5 minutes is the key, as is the pinch of salt which helps the water to boil faster.
Ingredients (serves 1 | makes 1 serve)
- 2 eggs, free range and size large or bigger :)
- 2 pinches Murray Valley Pink Salt, or iodised table salt
- 1 Slice toast with yummy fresh butter
- Boil enough water to cover eggs, adding 1 pinch of salt. Once water is boiled put in the two eggs. Time the cooking for 6.5 minutes. I give a stir to the water every couple of minutes to minimise the risk of the shells cracking
- Cook toast whilst eggs are boiling, I like a high fibre white bread.
- Serve and enjoy!