This freezes well, and is great heated up in the microwave too. A really yummy meal.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 24 balls)
- 500g mince meat
- 1/4 cup raw rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs choice of herbs, I use fresh parsley and oregano
- 2 cans Tomato Soup
- 1 can of water - just use the tomato soup can
- 2 slices bread, crusts removed soaked in milk
- mix all ingredients together, lightly grease a casserole dish
- roll into balls the size you like, mine are about golf ball size, place in the casserole dish
- pour tomato soup and water over the balls (sometimes I add cherry tomatoes for an extra yumminess factor).
- cook in a moderate oven 170 degrees for about an hour and a half, or until rice spikes out of the balls and the mince is cooked and soft
- Serve with your choice of veges. This is my sons photo, we served the balls with sweet and white potato mash, and steamed broccoli today, and topped with natural greek yoghurt