This prawns with mango and avocado salad recipe is easy to make and very tasty, it’s from my easy summer recipes book Summer TABLE.
Looking for ways to keep your little one entertained? See what mums are saying about Playskool Play, Stow and Go Toys.
Summer is my favourite time of the year. The incredible lime green of the leaves, the warm sun high in the sky, the birds singing in the trees – ahhh life is good … but the serenity is always broken by those three chilling words: “What’s for dinner?” Coming up with interesting, quick and healthy recipes for dinner every night is enough to send even the best cook into the depths of despair.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 handfuls mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 mangoes, cut into cubes
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 20 cooked prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 long red chilli, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp white condiment (white balsamic vinegar)
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
- In a large bowl or on a platter, arrange lettuce, mango, onion, prawns and avocado.
- To make the dressing, shake ingredients in a jar until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking. Pour over salad, and sprinkle with coriander leaves and chilli.