A lovely, tasty soup.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 kg Tomatoes
- 6 Garlic Cloves, unpeeled
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 3 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- Olive Oil or Butter
- 1/2 cup Cream
- Pre-heat Oven at 170 degrees. Cut tomatoes in half and place cut side up on a tray. Sprinkle with a little sugar, salt and pepper. Add garlic and drizzle with oil. Roast for about an hour. Cool.
- Peel the garlic. Sauté onions, sugar and oregano in a saucepan for five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and stock to pan and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cool and purée. Adjust seasoning. Add cream and reheat before serving.