This delicious warm lamb salad recipe has been kindly provided by The Healthy Mummy.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 400g butternut pumpkin, roughly chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 600g lamb backstrap, fat trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 40g low-fat feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place pumpkin on baking tray, spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until golden and tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Whisk oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in another bowl. Add lamb to the marinade, cover and refrigerate.
- Heat a pan over a medium-high heat. Lightly spray asparagus and onion with oil and season. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Remove lamb from marinade and barbecue for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes, then thinly slice.
- Add spinach, feta and pumpkin to onion and asparagus, and toss gently to combine. Place salad on serving plates, top with lamb and serve.