How many of you are actually happy with your butt?
Majority aren’t and would like to improve it and feel better about their lower body!
All the tips below are all mainly focused on toning your butt, legs and hips, but by doing these exercises, you will also be well on the way to getting your whole body looking & feeling fabulous in no time!
Here are 10 ways that you can get a great butt …
Your body will thank you at the end of the day, because you will still be able to walk!
- Squats – yes I know! But they are THE BEST exercise to get those legs and butts in shape. There are loads of variations you can do to keep it interesting and to tone up all aspects of your lower body. The key with squats is to not stop when your legs start to get sore, you have to push past that pain barrier and enjoy the burning sensation that comes with working those muscles hard – that is when the results will kick in for you!
- Squat jumps – it’s a variation of a squat, but I thought it deserved a special mention – only cause it gives you a great cardio workout at the same time, but is such a great exercise for your whole lower body.
- Lunges – yep, I am hearing the ‘arrrrrgggghhhhh’ again – not Lunges I hear you say! But yep, they are another FABULOUS exercise for your lower body – they target your glutes, hamstrings, quads and calf muscles all in one little exercise! Again there are loads of variations you can do to keep it interesting and to continually test your body.
- Step ups – great for the glutes and if you are challenging yourself enough you will also get a cardio workout – which is great for overall fat loss as well.
- Powerwalking – this exercise is great even when walking around the shops, doing the grocery shopping, pushing the kids in the pram. One thing to focus on when powerwalking is to squeeze your butt cheeks on every step (squeeze the butt cheek of the leg at the back), and don’t forget to keep your tummy tight. Going up hills is a bonus!
- Running – running, combined with lower body strength exercise is the best way to get awesome legs and butts. It will also allow you to build on your speed and your endurance to get you even better results. As with powerwalking, going up hills is a bonus!
- Bike riding – is another great cardio and strength building lower body exercise, especially when you are pushing yourself. Whether it be in a spin class, or out on the ‘real road’, go for cadence (speed), but make sure you always have some resistance on the bike – why not alternate between harder and easier resistence next time you are riding?
- Butt squeezes – a great exercise you can do when watching TV, or playing with the kids on the floor.
- Living a healthy lifestyle –eating lots of fresh food and taking all the crap out of your diet, reducing toxins, drinking lots of water etc.
- Stay off the scales – doing lots of toning exercises, combined with cardio, you will change your shape, your clothes will fit better, but you may not lose weight on the scales straight away – so use how your clothes fit, or take your measurements when tracking your results, rather than standing on the scales.
Have fun, good luck!