Dust the kids off from their Winter hibernation of video games and iPads and get them outside in the fresh air and busy!
Here are 10 great Spring projects for the kids:
- Vegetables: Plant a herb or veggie patch with the kids, they’re more likely to eat and try vegetables that they have grown themselves.
- Camp: Now it’s warmer, set up a tent in the backyard for the kids to play camping in the day or sleep overnight if they’re bigger.
- Kids garden: Help them create a special garden play space just for them. Try helping them create a dinosaur, pirate, road or fairy garden for them to play in. They’ll love making it and also playing with it.
- Games: Get the kids making and playing their own giant sized backyard games. You can make Jenga, Twister, Tic Tac Toe, and Dominoes. They’ll love making them and playing them.
- Cubby: Kids love tents and cubbies so make them a simple wooden frame tent or let them hang some old sheets up in the trees or washing line to make their own.
- Obstacle course: Get the kids to make their own obstacle course around the yard. Hours of fun guaranteed!
- Picnic: Pack a picnic and head to the local park or even just your backyard, kids love eating outdoors.
- Olympics: Host your own Olympic games in your backyard and keep the kids fit and having fun together.
- Craft: Get the kids doing messy craft outside. Set up painting, or give the kids chalk to draw with. Even play dough mess is tolerable outside!
- Bubbles: Make some giant bubble mix and this will keep the kids entertained for hours!
What Spring activities are you doing at your house?
SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: Shutterstock