It can be hard to keep the kids entertained during the Winter holidays because the weather can make it hard to get out of the house. Luckily the Winter holidays only last for 2 weeks!
Here are 5 great things you can do with the kids to help keep them entertained:
- Ice skating: Garema Place in Canberra will be turned into a Winter Wonderland for three weeks. You can ice skate, toboggan or ride the giant inflatable slide. There will also be European food stalls and markets. It’s on from 23rd June to 17th July. Prices start at $8 including skate hire.
- Sport: The Australian Institute of Sport run a large range of fun sporty holiday activities for the kids including, swimming, soccer and lots more. Prices vary on activity. Runs both weeks of the school holidays. Located in Bruce.
- Drawing: The National Portrait Gallery runs an explore time with drawing and creative activities. Price is $5 per child, adults free. On July 2nd to July 17th at 11am.
- Mini golf: Located in Griffith the Power Kart Raceway has a magnificent glow in the dark mini golf course that will thrill the kids. Prices start at $8.
- Movies: Winter time is perfect for seeing a movie and Hoyts have great family ticket prices. With “Finding Dory”, “Ice Age 5″ and “The BFG” all out these holidays, you may even want to go more than once.
Check out some great indoor games to do with the kids in the holidays HERE.
What are you planning on doing with the kids these holidays? Please add your comment below.