It can be hard to keep kids entertained over the Winter holidays because the weather can sometimes make it hard to get out of the house.
Luckily the Winter holidays only last for 2 weeks! Here are 5 great things you can do with the kids to help keep them entertained:
- Down the rabbit hole with Alice: Scienceworks has a magical interactive Alice in Wonderland exhibition for the kids to explore. Introducing kids to Science and Maths concepts while having fun. On until July 24th. Cost of exhibition is included in entry cost to Scienceworks which is FREE for kids and $14 per adult.
- Snow: Less than 2 hours from the city you can take the kids to the perfect fun snow day out at Lake Mountain. Hire a toboggan and spend the days sliding down the gentle slopes, perfect for kids. Car entry to the resort is $56, you can hire toboggans at extra cost, packages available.
- Fun 4 Kids: Head to Warrnambool for a kid’s festival like no other. With over 80 live shows for the kids and a huge range of activities for them to do. Tickets start at just $32 and you can get multiday tickets. On June 26th until July 2nd.
- The Big Freeze: Celebrate Winter with snow play, arts and crafts, superhero training, live performers, workshops and more! The aim of the festival is to create a cheap snow experience in Melbourne for families and promoting physical and imaginative play. Held at the Cranbourne Racecourse, tickets start at $16.50. On July 2nd to July 10th.
- Movies: Winter time is perfect for seeing a movie and Hoyts have great family ticket prices. With “Finding Dory”, “Ice Age 5″ and “The BFG” all out these holidays, you may even want to go more than once.
Check out some great indoor games to do with the kids in the holidays HERE.
What are you planning on doing with the kids these holidays? Please add your comment below.