These cushion covers are quick and easy, all you need to do is sew straight lines. Once you get the hang of them, you’ll be able to redecorate a room in a couple of hours. Best of all, depending on your fabric choice, these cushions can cost less than $20 each.
- 120cm x 60cm Heavy cotton or light canvas material
- 1 Matching cotton thread
- 1 Iron and ironing board
- 1 Sewing machine
- 20 Pins
- 1 Measuring tape
- 1 Pair of scissors
- 50cm x 50cm Cushion insert
- Fold 2cm along each short edge of the material. (Wrong sides together). Iron the crease then sew to make a seam.
- Lay the material on the ironing board, right side up, then fold the short ends in (the ones you've just sewn) so that they overlap. These form the envelope that you slip your cushion insert into. Adjust the overlap so that the length of the cushion cover is 50cm. Bear in mind that the cushion cover is inside out at the moment. Iron the creases to mark how long your cushion cover will be.
- Next, you need to mark out the sides of the cover. Working from the sides that have not been sewn yet, measure 50cm across the cover, and mark with pins, all the way down each side. You need to leave a seam allowance each side of your pins - so you have a 50cm square marked out between your ironed edges and the pins going down each unsewed side.
- Sew all the way down each side, where you have marked with pins.
- Turn your cushion cover inside out, revealing a 50cm square cushion cover, with a envelope flap on one side to open and stuff with your insert!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
This project was posted by: