I found this a little difficult at first but with practice, it became easier to “inside out” braid. If you find it difficult to picture what to do, I recommend searching on youtube to see how to do it visually.

Material

• 1 elastic
  • plenty of patience!

Method

1. Seperate hair into three strands at the top of the head.
  2. Braid as usual by adding in one strand of hair with each time you plait the 3 main strands, the only difference is instead of passing the strands over each other, pass them under each other.
  3. This makes the hair pop up and turn inside out.
  4. Tease the hair slightly on each loop to make it a little fuller if you like.

Want other brilliant projects sent to you?

This project was posted by:

• 11 Jun 2016
      2:08 pm

Post your project

• This is literally what all my braids look like. I thought I was doing it wrong. Had no idea this was actually a type of braid! Winning!

• this looks lovely

• Thanks for sharing, 3 daughters, i need to learn this.

• This is how I first learnt how to braid (self taught) but I find it so difficult now after years of retraining myself to braid the right way in I can’t do it anymore.

• Is this also known as a French plait? I could never do them! My daughter can do them on her own hair, as well as the herringbone style. They’re really pretty

• twisting inside out is hard, tried a few times still can’t get it though

• Hopefully one day I will get it

• Me too. It took me a long time as my fingers didn’t seem to want to go the right way and my daughter was really patient with me!

• I’ve tried this so many times and just can’t get my hands to work the hair properly. :(

• I have so much trouble with braiding hair. Attempting an inside out braid may have to wait a little while until I master a normal braid! I love the look of the inside out braid.

• Great work. I use to do this style on my hairs occasionally . looks good

• I always find this braid difficult, yet can I can do the other way no troubles at all. Practise, practise, practise I guess.

• I’ve tried to do this type of braid but find it very difficult. Practice I guess.

• Thank you. My daughter is always asking me to do her hair. I have had short hair since my teens so can never remember how to braid!

• With school holidays coming up my granddaughter loves playing “Hairdresser shops”! I’m going to try to perfect this gorgeous braid!

• I love the look of this but find it so hard to do.

• I need to learn how to braid, especially when there are nits at school! – i love the look of this braid though compared to the normal one. I also love the fishtail? one aswell. Great Idea about youtube I never thought of that!