I was given baby clothes to make my great grandchildren each a Memory Quilt.
- 1 Cotton single bed sheet
- 1 Flannelette sheet
- Thread, scissors and pins
- As much as required Fabric cut to size from clothing to create patches
- As much as required Cotton strips cut to separate the rows of patches
- Cut the flannelette sheet so it is five centimeters less at each edge than the cotton sheet. Pin and sew into place with a two centimeter seam.
- Cut strips of fabric the length of the flannelette sheet.
Sew the cut fabric patches taken from the clothing into lengths of the flannelette sheet. Sew the strips to the strips of patches.
- Pin the assembled pieces together and stitch to the cotton sheet.
- Fold the remaining excess of the cotton sheet over to form a binding hem around the edge of the patch side of the quilt. Pin and stitch into place.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
This project was posted by: