- 18 New born nappies rolled up and secured with a rubber band
- 1 Small bath towel
- 1 large Face washer
- 1 Hand towel
- 2 Googly eyes
- 1 Pipe cleaner
- 1 Piece of cardboard wrapped in wrapping paper
- Cellophane and ribbon (If you wish)
- Needle and thread in matching colour to towels
- Start by folding the flannel in half length ways and laying it on the board. This will be the snails belly.
- Fold the hand towel (depending on it's size) into halves length ways or into thirds length ways, so that it is just slightly wider than the flannel.
- Place the rolled up hand towel at the end of the flannel. this will become the snails head.
- Next, fold the bath towel length ways until it's approximately the same width as a nappy. Lay it over the flannel, starting at the head end (make sure it's touching the head) This will be the shell.
- Starting from the end furthest away from the head, place the nappies along the towel loosely touching each other, leaving approximately a 3 nappy width gap between the head and the first nappy.
- Carefully, starting at the furthest end from the head, roll the towel up tight enough to hold the nappies in place.
- You may need to adjust the nappies slightly , but once you are happy with how it looks, discreetly sew a few stitches to attach the head to the shell
- Using a bit of double sided tape, attach the eyes, and bend a pipe cleaner to make an antenna.
- Wrap in cellophane and tie with ribbon.
I always add in a couple of baby sock roses to mine for added decoration, but you could add a false flower or nothing if you wanted, its up to you!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
This project was posted by: