This bride went above and beyond to ensure that she wasn’t outshone on her big day!

Sharing her deepest, darkest secrets on the women’s website Whimn, bride ‘Penny’ admitted that after a lifetime of being upstaged by her “hot and popular” older sister and “cute and fun” younger sister, she wanted to avoid the possibility of being upstaged on her big day.

Calling herself the ‘Jan Brady’ of her family, Penny was determined that she “wouldn’t be reminded until my last day on earth that I was the plain sister.”

Shaking Things Up

Penny’s plan was carefully thought out. The first thing she had to do was to choose the most unflattering bridesmaid dresses she could find: neon yellow dresses that washed out her three fair skinned, fair haired bridesmaids, two of whom were her sisters.

As if that wasn’t enough, and perhaps most shocking of all, Penny purchased ‘slimming shakes’ for each of her bridesmaids which she discarded the contents of and replaced with weight-gain protein powder. Ultimate bridezilla behaviour or what!?

Despite pretending to also drink the smoothies, Penny ensured that hers remained a combination of fruit and coconut water while her bridesmaids drank up to triple the recommended amount of the weight-gain protein!

A Savage Move

Penny knew her plan had worked when each bridesmaid requested alterations to their dress due to unexplained weight gain. Since the story went viral, the criticism for Penny has been unrelenting with one user condemning her actions “this is a SAVAGE move” and another outraged tweeter saying “can you believe someone would do this?!”

We all know that the pressure to have the perfect wedding and be the perfect bride can be immense, but we can’t help but feel sorry for Penny. And even more sorry for her poor bridesmaids! But Penny says she has no regrets.

“I never thought for a moment on my wedding day that I wasn’t the centre of attention or the most important person in the room.”

Would you sabotage your bridesmaids to make sure you stood out on your big day? Let us know in the comments below!

Dynamo - Read The Reviews

• She would have been better off not having any bridesmaids if she is that self centered and insecure. I pity the poor bloke she married!

• Hahahha this is seriosuly the best! I couldn’t help but giggle at this! It may be horrible but my gosh this is hilarious ????????????????

• What an awful bride. Why would you want to do that to anyone even your own flesh and blood!

• Why have them look unflattering in your wedding photos. It will ruining your photos. So in a way she was sabotaging her own wedding.
    It’s one thing choosing wrong colour dresses for your bridesmaids but making them put on weight?? How immature and insecure?

• Geez I question the waste of money on dresses, alterations, shakes and the entire wedding. If this is the attitude you have, why bother having bridesmaids at all?

• That’s awful no excuse for messing with someones health.

• What a nasty sister she is, glad she’s not related to me.

• why did she have them as her brides maids? It is a choice you make who to have. just choose someone else or no one. what a nasty thing to do.

• Not a very nice person if she gets narky because her sisters and friends are better looking. I hope they’re planning revenge.

• This bride is so insecure I think she needs a psychiatrist to help her

• What she did is insane!!! How could you do that to look better? If she was my sister, it would be reason enough not to talk to her anymore.

• To me, doing that won’t make your wedding photos look good, I would hate the photos. The yellow dresses would stand out more than the bride.
    Also if I had a sister or friend that was deliberately making me fat, they would never be spoken to again

• Sad that the focus was on appearances! No – not something I would have ever thought of doing!

• Why have bridesmaids if worried about appearances anyway?

• Another touch of insanity ?

• I don’t know why she would want them looking fat and unflattering in her wedding photos..