A teenage girl was targetted by cruel bullies, who doused her with juice on her prom night, ruining her dress and turning what was meant to be a magical evening into a nightmare.

Emilee Perry, a 16-year-old from Doncaster, UK, had to be convinced to attend the school dance at all, according to her mother Tracy Perry.

In a heartbreaking Facebook post, Tracy shared photos of her daughter in tears, her dress completely ruined.

“This is my beautiful daughter who suffers with anxiety whom we had to beg to go to the prom this evening,” she wrote on June 29.

“Two hours later I collect her from the prom like this, heartbroken and in a state.”

A series of photos show Emilee beaming in a sparkly silver and pink dress and then in tears, after her night was ruined by the heartless bully.9

“This ‘person’ thought it a good idea to pour a full jug of juice over her and soak her from head to toe. I hope one day someone humiliates and devastates her like she has done to my daughter!!!” the furious mum wrote.

After taking to Facebook to share her daughter’s story, messages of support for Emilee and anger for those who targeted her came flooding in. The post has been shared more than 1200 times.

After receiving thousands of messages of support, Emilee took to Facebook herself to express her gratitude.

“Wow, I just want to take the time out to thank each and every person that has gone out of the way to absolutely shower me with love and support!” the teenager wrote.

“It is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly be eternally grateful for the extremely unexpected outcome of this situation!”

Share your support below x

• too many keyboard warriors out there these days

• Absolutely hideous for anyone to act like this and bully another person.
    Such a hideous act and shame on them!

• Despicable bullies. Obviously not happy with something in their own lives or perhaps jealous, not fair taking it out on this beautiful young girl.

• When will children realise that bullying isn’t acceptable

• That’s sad poor girl I hope she’s alright..

• Terrible what happened to her. Poor girl. Unbelievable that the bully could do that. Disgusting!

• disgusting that people still feel the need to belittle people in front of their peers!
    Such an important night for kids their prom, a night that your supposed to look good, feel good and enjoy.
    Shame on the bitter twisted girl who did this to her.
    As they say what goes around comes around!

• I’m glad this girl picked up the love and support of the community. Disgusting behaviour from the bullies.

• I’m glad mum listened when I told her I didn’t want to go to the year 10 formal. I imagine something similar would have happened. Parents need to listen to their kids. If the school doesn’t do anything when I child is bullied then remove your child from that school or take the matter to the education department in your state. Its time to protect the kids that suffer every single day.

• Absolutely heartbreaking she went through it on a big night for her

• Poor kid, some people are just cruel, karma gets them eventually

• What a sweet and kind hearted girl. I am so glad they didn’t break her spirit! I hope the school stepped in and enforced harsh consequences for those involved and that the parents had the decency to also punish their children! I see there’s nothing about whether or not they paid for the dress to be dry cleaned or even the cost of it, not that it matters, it wasn’t the dress that was the main focus! What horrid nasty kids to do such a thing!

• Holy shit, I thought that sort of crap only happened in movies. What a horrible thing to do.

• Such an awful thing to do to a young and beautiful young girl – so pleased that all the FB rallied around her and made her feel better in her self. Hope the bully gets what’s coming to her one day and maybe she might have the wherewithal to say sorry to this young lady.

• I hope the bully got what was coming to them. Thats horrible and i cant believe people would be that nasty. That poor girl.