A dad is furious after his daughter picked up a toy in a Big W to find a syringe hidden underneath.

The NSW father claims he took his daughter to his local store in Cessnock, to get a toy but was horrified to find the needle sitting on the shelf.

“First toy she picks up had a junkies syringe under it,” Tim wrote on Facebook.

“Absolutely disgusting that people use needles but to put them underneath children’s toys what a joke, absolute scum.”

While many believed that the needle was used by someone to inject drugs, other social media users suggested that it was a needle used to inject insulin.

syringe 2 syringe

The dad said he spoke to staff about the incident but there was no CCTV camera in that aisle.

The post has been flooded with comments from horrified social media users attracting over 1200 shares and 770+ comments.

syringe fb

Share your comments below


  • Just disgusting! What sort of person would leave a used syringe on a shop shelf? And in the toy section, where kids are most likely to find it?!

    Reply


  • Oh that’s terrifying! I’m glad he was there!

    Reply


  • Doesn’t matter what it was used for you don’t leave syringes lying around anywhere let alone a childrens toy section.

    Reply


  • That’s horrifying. So irresponsible of that person.

    Reply


  • That’s disgusting. I can’t believe this was just lying around in the toy aisle.

    Reply


  • Doesn’t matter what it was used for, it’s still unacceptable to leave it lying around.

    Reply


  • Awful discovery – but glad he alerted staff.

    Reply


  • If you use a needle for whatever reason you should dispose of it properly. If the Dad hadn’t been standing there with his child they could have taken the lid off and stuck themselves. How stupid can a person get to leave this laying around for a child to find.

    Reply


  • Oh my gosh that is seriously concerning.

    Reply


  • It doesn’t matter what the syringe was used for, it should never have been left anywhere other than disposed of in a bin. I can understand the shock and horror but the best thing to do clearly is to alert staff and have them dispose of it.

    Reply


  • Whether it was used for insulin or something else people should dispose of their needles. So dangerous and not the stores fault.

    Reply


  • This isn’t the stores fault. It could happen anywhere. Which is why, whenever we are at the shops I am always looking at the toy with them. You never know what or who could be lurking. (I’m paranoid about my kids)

    Reply


  • Wow! This is disgusting, how we have people in this world who would leave a needle anywhere is beyond me but with kids toys?

    Reply


  • Could not imagine that someone who had to have an injection of insulin would be so silly as to leave the syringe on a shelf in the store. And druggies don’t seem to care where or when they leave their needles. Maybe more CCTV should be installed to make sure it doesn’t happen again in the store.

    Reply


  • This is disgusting, no one should have to pick needles up after someone and there are plenty of ways to properly dispose of them this day and age. Be more responsible!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just submit?

Write A Rating Just Submit
Join