The only thing in life that we can depend on is that everything changes. It is the one thing for certain in our lives. It is guaranteed.
So why when we know that something has to change why do we try to ignore it, run away from it or even fight it? Why aren’t we more accepting of expiry dates and embrace newness without hesitation? Perhaps we think we are losing something when really we are always gaining, evolving, growing.
Out with the old, in with the new
Let go… to grow
If we follow the laws of the universe we should always without question embrace change like it is a welcome change in weather. But honestly, fear usually gets the better of us and we want to stay in our comfort zone even if that place has become uncomfortable.
I feel the No.1 fear of change stems from emotional attachment. An investment. We feel that after investing our time, money and energy into something then it kind of owes us. Cutting something off and moving on feels like we have just cut our toe off. You feel lost, incomplete. Fearful.
That is OK, it is only temporary! Your toe will grow back and it will be bigger and better than before I promise!
Life and the experience you get from your journey is all perception. We chose how we react to every little thing that happens in our world. The choice is yours. Stay or Go. Fight or Flight. The decision rests with you.
- Mumfulness – Are you a multitasking mum or a mindful mum
- Help! My negative thoughts are driving me crazy!
I have a simple way that I use when I am faced with change in my life to really feel with my intuition/soul what direction I should take and more importantly to help in my acceptance of the change.
Relying on my mind simply doesn’t work. So many stories and I end up completely confused! Pro’s, con’s really are a waste of time.
Trust your intuition more than anything in the world. It always has your back. It has your best interest at heart because it is your heart.
Here are some tips to help you embrace change in your life:
- Close your eyes and breath slowly
- Think about the change, all sides, all options, all possibilities. Let every thought associated with it cross your thoughts. This may take a while!
- Once you have really thought about it ALL visualise in your mind the whole subject in a ball that you can hold in your hands.
- Offer that whole ball of energy associated with the change to the universe. Throw it up there even. And let it all go from your mind.
- Now sit quietly and when you think of the change do you feel light, open, happy, free or do you feel the opposite small and uncomfortable?
The decision has been made for you. Simply listen to what your soul is telling you to do.
This practise can be completed daily while you are going through whatever change has been presented for you.
You will know when you are ready to stop. You will be living in the new moment.
I would love to hear how you deal with change in your life. Please comment below and share.