To celebrate the release “The Guilt Trip” on 24th January, we give you our top 5 tips on how not to embarrass your offspring, so if your kid has ever moaned at you for making them cringe or at times just gets inexplicably aggravated by you, you had better look at our list of parental no no’s below…
How To Be Cool With Your Kid – Top 5 Tips:
1. Don’t show old photos showing them, or their friends, how cute they were when they were young or the funny ‘bowl cut’ that they used to have.
2. Don’t tell embarrassing stories about them in front of their peers – keep it to yourself that they wet themselves in the middle of a school trip and you had to come and collect them with a spare pair of undies when they were nine.
3. Don’t do public displays of affection. When you meet them at the airport and you spot them in arrivals, avoid shouting their name and showering them with kisses. It’s just not cool.
4. If your friends are round, don’t call your child into the room to introduce them and make a spectacle of them, trying to explain what it is they do for a living when you don’t really understand yourself!
5. Don’t add your child as a friend on Facebook and leave notes of motherly affection on their wall or comment on their photos for all to see. They really won’t thank you for it.
So there you have it. Those are our top 5 tips on how to be cool with your kids. Who knows, if you stick by these rules, maybe you’ll be invited on their next road trip too…
Mouths of Mums have an exclusive clip for our members “Dinner with Friends” which shows an embarrassing mum (Barbra Streisand) in action!
Come along for the ride of your life when “The Guilt Trip” releases in cinemas, 24 January 2013
Andy Brewster is about to embark on the road trip of a lifetime, and who better to accompany him than his overbearing mother Joyce. After deciding to start his adventure with a quick visit at mom’s, Andy is guilted into bringing her along for the ride. Across 3,000 miles of ever-changing landscape, he is constantly aggravated by her antics, but over time he comes to realize that their lives have more in common than he originally thought. His mother’s advice might end up being exactly what he needs.
Upcoming comedy release The Guilt Trip stars Seth Rogen and Barbra Streisand. Set to release in Australia 24 January 2013.
Watch the trailer here
For Facebook news on the title visit: https://www.facebook.com/ParamountPicturesAU