Paper mache is not only a great craft activity for the kids, it can be used to make gorgeous gifts like these paper mache bowls.
What you’ll need:
- Cling film wrap
- Cover a bowl with cling wrap – you use the bowl to make the shape so choose a size you want your paper mache bowl to be.
- Make your paper mache paste using 1 cup of flour and enough water to make it the consistency of thin pancake batter. Add a couple of teaspoons of salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Cut strips of newspaper and dip one at a time in your paste.
- Remove excess paste from newspaper and place on the bottom of the bowl you have covered with 2 layers.
- Repeat until the bowl is covered.
- Leave to dry
- Repeat steps 2 to 6, to add another layer and to make your bowl stronger.
- Trim edges of the bowl with scissors as required to make smooth.
- Paint your bowl in your choice of colours and leave to dry.
- Add varnish to seal your bowl and leave to dry.
- Your bowl is ready to display or gift.
These are gorgeous and would make lovely presents. The kids would have so much fun making these.
Have you ever made a paper mache bowl before? Please add comment below.
Image source: Pinterest