Hello, I need an asap help. My big boy 11 years old yesterday he ate expired by two days chicken poppers. He had them for pucked lunch at school and when I realised that they were expired it was to late. After school he told me he started having Tammy ache after lunch. And then alll the rest of the day he told me he is fine and better he didn’t puke in the night but today in the morning he told me again he has a tamy ache, I’m not sending him at school. Please what should I do? He haven’t been to toilet as well… I’m worried


Posted by mom255304, 6th July 2017


Want more real mum questions sent to you?


Ask your question

  • My 6 years old grandson just had food poisoning, he had an upset tummy and it burnt when he opened his bowels. We didn’t know so the doctor testes his ‘poo’ and found the bacteria in there. He is now on antibiotics and on the mend. He didn’t vomit though at all. If concerned take him to a doctor.



  • We have just had tummy aches and the occasional vomiting so have been lucky but I’d get checked if it doesn’t go away in a day or gets any worse than that.



  • Food poisoning is an illness caused by eating contaminated food, caused by bacteria, parasites or viruses. Luckily, most cases aren’t serious and don’t need medical intervention. In some cases, medical treatment is necessary to treat the symptoms. The main culprits of food poisoning are bacteria such as salmonella or E. coli. Food poisoning symptoms can appear a few hours after eating up to a few weeks. Common cases of food poisoning will typically include at least three of the following symptoms: abdominal cramps, diarrhea, vomiting, loss of appetite, mild fever, weakness, nausea, headaches. Food poisoning can become life threatening when diarrhea persists for more than three days, a fever higher than 101.5°F, your child has difficulty seeing or speaking or when symptoms of severe dehydration occur, which may include dry mouth, passing little to no urine, and difficulty keeping fluids down.
    If your child experiences any of these symptoms, you should of course contact your doctor immediately.



  • Normally food poisoning symptoms have stomache pains, fever and leading to diaharrea and/or vomiting and you should take them to the doctors if it hasn’t stopped by around 2 hours for children . Hope he is getting better , but if concerned take him to a GP for peace of mind for both of you .



  • I hope he’s doing better by now. :-)



  • Pretty much the same as Gastro but can be linked to something eaten-may have thought it tasted weird, others who at the same thing are also sick, got sick very suddenly after eating that dodgy thing.



  • Food poisoning symptoms are very similar to gastro symptoms. Tummy pains, vomiting, diarrhoea, generally feeling unwell and lacking energy. But food poisoning can be fatal. Keep a close eye on him and take him to the Dr if he worsens


Post an answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just submit?

Write A Rating Just Submit
Join