Was bitten by something a couple of days ago when driving, I got 6 bites and still stinging and itchy with welts still there. Would love to know what type of creams or anything I can put onto the bite area? I think it may have been a wasp?

Posted by kjgarner, 17th November 2015

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

Ask your question

  • My suggestion is savlon. I love it.

  • Stingose!

  • Highly recommend Stop Itch – we only use that brand and it’s great!

  • calamine is good and also stingoes. it is so easy to use, you just spray it onto the bite and it will take the itch out

  • My dad used stingoes for his bites and slowly working as well

  • Generally i use stingoes. Works great. Or one of those sports injury creams that are cold or ‘freeze’. Ive found these cool the area taking away the itch.

  • Thank you for all your answers, have 6 scars where the bites were but on the mend now :)

  • I use calamine lotion on bites in our house, it does relieve the pain from most bites

  • I have a book that suggests putting salt on the sting/bite area and then following that up with a coating of vegetable oil and a bandage – I personally have never tried it but just found it today as I was looking for a remedy for my 4 year old who has large mozzie bites that she is allergic too :( – Good luck and i hope you find/found some relief

  • I generally use Stingo on bites but if the pain doesn’t go within a day or two I would be going to the doctor or chemist for advice

  • When in doubt go the doctor.

  • My hubby got bitten on the back of the neck and it formed a hard lump 2 days ago . I sent him to the doctor and they thought it could have been a white tailed spider bite. Hubby said no probably not as it happened out in the wide open spaces not near a shed or plants etc. He was give antibiotics in case of an infection. anyway the lump has gone now and all is ok. they now think it may have been a wasp.

  • Thank you Mom 166154 bought some calamine lotion and it does give relief :)

  • I’d go speak to your local pharmacist as you may need steroid or anti-histamine cream in case you had a reaction to it

  • I have found Amal Chemists antiseptic cram for stings and bites excellent – we now buy this over mainstream brands – and its cheaper too. We keep all such creams in the fridge – much more soothing when first applied. Sounds like you might need and antihistamine as well.

Post an answer
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

What is your answer to that question?
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your answer and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just submit?

Write A Rating Just Submit