Mum shares how she was excited to finally be asked out on a coffee date and a chance to escape the baby blues only to realise she was being ambushed by a party plan business.

Cathy-Lee shared her story on Facebook attracting plenty of comments about how rude it was of her friend to put her in such a position.

Cathy-Lee wrote, “Went for a coffee this morning to catch up with a friend from my old workplace I’d not seen for ages. She contacted me out of the blue and I was so happy as I’d been meaning to phone her for a few weeks to arrange something.

“Got out of my PJs early on a Saturday, dressed nicely, did my hair and everything. Put on makeup and PAID for a local babysitter for my 10 month old and 7 year old for 2 hours.

“Got to the Cafe and was hit with an overwhelming smell of something that smelt like an orange tree being diffused. Met my friend and ordered our drinks and I mentioned the smell was odd as it blocked the lovely coffee smell. I went to sit outside, then, without warning, she steered me right over to where this rep was sat down with 6 other ladies, diffuser and all, with a spot for me right next to her with a catalogue and order form.

I was ambushed with a Doterra party!

(TBH I’ve been to one before, but never bought anything and it was by choice and in support of another friend)

“I had my coffee and listened to be polite, whilst shooting my friend alternating WTF looks and death stares.

All I wanted was some adult contact and a kid-free conversation for the first time that week.

“The rep was nice enough, but when she tried to put a drop of oil in my not-cheap coffee to help “wake me up”, actually put lemon oil in the water on the table and didn’t say anything until I had a drink and pulled a face at the taste, then warmed a drop of peppermint oil in her hand and shoved it in my face right as I took a deep sigh in, I tapped out.

“I finished my coffee, just got up without a word and left. I had 8 missed calls and 4 messages from my friend who invited me to coffee, which I ignored whilst taking myself out to a lovely lunch instead this afternoon.

“So disappointed and pissed off, AND WHY THE FUCK CAN I STILL SMELL PEPPERMINT ?? !”

Cathy-Lee also shared the conversation she had with her friend via text after she was ambushed.  Check it out below.

Have you ever been ambushed by a party plan business? Share your comments below

image via unsplash

• Oh wow, her response was so immature

• The rep was not that good either pushing her stuff like that.

• I wouldve left straight away

• Having read the whole thing on FB I find this friend not much of a friend. You do not ambush someone like this.

• Not sure what her friend what trying to achieve. Surely not to help because the approach was oh so wrong. It is always beyyer to be upfront especially with product parties???

• I would lose my sh!t….this woman is not a friend and also a pretty subpar human being.

• Not much of a friend for being honest upfront, and also her retorts to her friends now changed priorities as a Mum. Some people have no consideration or understanding.

• That is so sneaky! I doubt I’d catch up with that ‘friend’ again.

• A gave my name to one and they kept calling me. I kept saying no, that I wasn’t interested.
    In the end I let the guy come and told him to stop harrassing me with phone calls or I would report him to the Telecommunications Ombudsman (that is what I told to do). I also requested the name of the person who gave my name, address and phone number. Back there there was not a privacy law. Mine had been breached and it made that known. He told me who it was and I advised my “friend” that I wasn’t interested and didn’t her giving my details. At least I wasn’t treated like this Mum was.

• I would have been interested to read the text conversation properly… I do think her friend was rude.