A mother is suing her nanny after she fed her baby formula instead of waking her to breastfeed the newborn infant.

Lynn Wojton preferred nursing her infant daughter, believing that was the best thing for her new baby.

Nanny, Marcia Chase-Marshall allegedly fed the baby formula while Ms Wojton slept because she was tired and didn’t want to assist the first-time mum with the longer process of breastfeeding, court papers allege.

The new mum breastfed her daughter on the first two nights after returning home with the child from Mount Sinai Hospital in September, according to Ms Wojton’s suit in Manhattan Supreme Court.

Ms Chase-Marshall slept in the same room as Baby Wilder and would wake up Ms Wojton, a registered nurse, whenever the baby needed milk, the suit says.

But after the caretaker didn’t wake up Ms Wojton on the third night, Ms Chase-Marshall allegedly ’fessed up to feeding the baby formula, papers claim.

“I was very upset,” Ms Wojton, 37, told The NY Post. “This is not what I wanted — this is not what I want — for my baby.

“I cried for an hour, honestly.”

Ms Chase-Marshall initially said she’d defied Ms Wojton’s instructions because she thought formula was best for the baby, the mother claims.

But she then admitted she gave the girl formula instead because it was less work and she wanted extra sleep, according to the suit.

“I have nothing to say,” Ms Chase-Marshall told The NY Post in a phone call before hanging up.

Ms Wojton, who paid the doula $4,200, says Ms Chase-Marshall bolted after the confrontation.

“Your instincts do kick in,” the new mum said. “It was the last straw, the way she was behaving and the way she was speaking to me.”

She said she had faced off with Ms Chase-Marshall on everything from changing baby Wilder’s diapers to bathing the baby.

“If I didn’t change the diaper the way she thought was best, she would criticize me the whole time,” Ms Wojton said. “It makes you second-guess yourself. You’re a new mother and this is all very new.”

“Lynn obviously didn’t want to cross a stranger who had direct access to her baby, to her home and belongings at such an important and potentially volatile time,” said her lawyer Brett Gallaway.

“I’m in a good place now, but I still get upset,” Ms Wojton said.

She’s seeking at least $10,000 in damages.

Share your comments below

PERICOACH_Editorial_Drivers_In_Article_Banner_712x150

• I think this nanny was way out of line

• She should have just done it herself if it was causing her so much stress.

• It seems there were multiple differences and multiples reasons for this being a mismatch.

• The nanny was paid to do a job and she did not do it right. Making the mother second guessing herself was also wrong. Suing the nanny think this is mainly an American thing. That is going a bit far for something like this, may be withholding the part of the payment.

• This would upset me so much, especially as it was someone she had paid and trusted.

• I find the whole thing a little nuts… imagine having a live-in nanny when you come home with bubs…

• We don’t know the circumstances. My Aunty was very ill when she had my cousin. She had to have an emergency c-section. She also had what was then known as Toxaemia and almost died. She wasn’t allowed any visitors besides her husband for several days. They had a Nanny until my Aunty allowed to lift and carry my cousin who was a big chubby baby.

• What the hell. You are paid to do a job. If you aren’t interested in that job then go find a new one. I would lose it if someone gave my baby formula (except for in an emergency with no other option)

• I can understand being upset but for it to be taken to court is crazy

• I would be upset too!

• Your paid to job so that’s what she should’ve done

• If you agree to take money for work you need to do what’s asked in that agreement if not just leave but definitely not her place to decide what happens.

• It’s unfortunate the nanny didn’t do as required of her.

• I’d be very upset too if someone did that! I probably wouldn’t sue them but they definitely wouldn’t have a job!

• I don’t think the nanny gets to make that decisions. If mum has asked to be woken then the nanny needs to do that.

• That’s awful! She was paid to do a job and do what the mum wants .. not to take it on herself to make decisions like that !