This mum admits to using breastmilk in the brownies as she didn’t have time to get to the shop…

An anonymous mum has taken to Facebook to share her disbelief after coming under fire for selling breastmilk brownies at the school bake sale. After other mums found out about the unconventional ingredient, the mum says she was hit with a wave of criticism despite her insistence that it made absolutely no difference.

Advice Please

The mum said she wasn’t sure how to handle the situation. “I need some advice,” she wrote. “I made brownies for my school bake sale that had breastmilk in them. I didn’t have time to run to the store and didn’t think it was a big deal (some of those kids could use the nutrition, lets be honest). One of the mums found out and is blowing it way out of proportion. Idk what to do!” While the mums call for advice seemed to fall on deaf ears, that didn’t stop over 200 comments flooding in within half an hour…

Just Not Ok

Responses to the post were divided, with most disgusted by the mums lack of consideration. “Honestly this is actually near a criminal offence!” wrote one shocked commenter. “Secretly feeding children that aren’t yours baked goods with your bodily fluids in them is gross, shady and borderline psychotic.” It seems parents were right to be concerned, with the US Food and Drug administration saying that unscreened breastmilk can pose serious health risks, including exposure to infectious diseases.

We think that whatever you choose to do when it comes to feeding your own kids is one thing, but using breastmilk in a bake sale contribution is completely unacceptable. Who knows what else is hiding inside those cookies and cakes!?

Do you think this mum was wrong to use breastmilk in her brownies? Let us know in the comments!

• Really not acceptable – it shouldn’t be included in something that is a) for sale and b) going to be eaten by anyone other that the baby it is intended for!

• This is awful. Couldn’t get to the shops?

• I’d be very concerned about her having something she could pass on through her milk!

• Yes, the health risks re high. She shouldn’t have done ths.

• This is extremely wrong,what was she thinking!

• No, I don’t find it ok at all.

• Not ok at all and also not legal. Risk of passing on disease is too high and should never be left a secret.

• Ew! But why would she tell people? Surely she must’ve realised the response it would’ve got. Not a good thing to do

• As long she listed the ingredients it should be ok. Do we know the ingredients of the baking products of other people ? They might have had refined sugar, flavours and colours added which I wouldn’t like to eat. Personally I don’t like to buy products of school bake sales for the reason I don’t know what in it.

• I think if she listted the ingredients it wouldn’t have been a problem. People would have known it was breast milk and been able to make the decision if they still wanted to buy her product. The fact that it was said after the fact is deliberate and people were not given the option. Breast milk is not a common ingredient one should have to worry about when at a school baker sale or any bake sale! She should be charged! If my child had consumed one of her baked goods I would have went into complete panic mode! My child would have bee taken to the hospital as a precaution. How am I to know what she has consumed or been exposed to that has passed on thru her breastmilk?!

• THis is not acceptable she shouldn’t have done it

• Clearly this is not ok! I am not surprised at people being upset!