A young mother has issued an urgent warning to parents after finding used syringes just metres away from son in the sandpit at a local playground.

Kiera Thorpe made the discovery on Sunday morning at Grahame Stewart Park in Currimundi on the Sunshine Coast when she took her 18-month-old son for a play.

Her husband and toddler had been posing for photos in the sandpit only minutes before she spotted the syringe gleaming off the sunlight.

needle

“It’s certainly scary,” she told 7NEWS.com.au.

“It’s kind of put a bitter taste in my mouth, to be honest.”

It was the first time she’d taken her son to that particular park after hearing about it’s reputation.

“There’s a little kid who could have fallen on them or picked it up and not known any better,” she said.

The mum said it’s opened her eyes to how important it is for parents to keep a watchful eye over their kids.

Share your comments below

Image via Unsplash


  • So scary! Needles, broken bottles, ring pulls – absolutely sickening!

    Reply


  • This is disgusting, I’m always worried about what my little one might find.

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just submit?

Write A Rating Just Submit
Join