This 1 minute choc caramel cake is a super quick dessert to make if friends drop by – or if you’re suddenly struck with a need for something sweet and can’t be bothered going to the corner shop for ice cream!
Ingredients (serves 1 | makes 1 mug cake)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp Milk (you can use Almond Milk, Coconut Milk, Lactose free or Soy if you need to)
- 3 tbsp Almond Meal
- 2 tsp Nestle Caramel Top n Fill (for cake base)
- 1 tsp Nestle Caramel Top n Fill (to serve)
- 1 tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 - 2 squares Dark Chocolate chopped (or melts or choc bits - whatever you've got in the pantry)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder (optional but does make the cake slightly fluffier)
- Use any microwave safe container you like really - just make sure the final mixture doesn't fill more than 2/3 of the container. For this recipe, I used a 1 cup ramekin.
- To make washing up easier, you can run a tiny amount of butter around the inside of the cup (or do a quick squirt of cooking spray) but this is completely optional.
- Combine all ingredients except the 1 teaspoon of Caramel Top n Fill and mix well with a fork until any lumps are gone. Cook in microwave for 1 minute (based on 1200watt microwave).
- Remove from microwave, sprinkle with icing sugar, a little shaved dark chocolate and put a teaspoon of Caramel Top n Fill on top. Add a little cream or ice cream to make this even tastier although it is awesome on its own.
- If you want to make more than one of these at a time, you'll need to increase the cooking time - or easier if you just cook one at a time.