This 4 ingredient Nutella Crackle Cake is so quick and so easy, I’m now going to make it ALL THE TIME!
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 1 15 - 18cm cake)
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 2 large Eggs
- 3/4 cup Grapeseed or Light Olive Oil
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius.
- Crack the 2 eggs into the food processor and blitz on high for a full minute.
- Reduce the speed to half and If possible, add the oil in a steady stream whilst the motor is still running. If not, add in two lots and blitz back on high once all oil is added.
- Add the Nutella and blitz on mid speed for a further 30 seconds.
- Sift the flour into the food processor and combine on a lower speed.
- Scoop into a 15 - 18cm round baking tin. I like to line mine with baking paper but if you don't want to do this, just spray or grease tin well. Leave the top of the cake batter all bumpy - the more bumps, the more crackles once it's cooked.
- Cook in the centre of the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until a bamboo skewer comes out with just a few crumbs stuck to the skewer.
- Cool on a wire rack. Don't panic if the top of the cakes cracks a little more on cooling - all part of the 'crackle' effect. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with pouring or double cream and/or ice cream.