Apple cake with a delicious difference….
Ingredients (makes 1 large cake/slice)
- 1 1/2 heaped cups SR Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- teaspoon vanilla
- 120 grams butter, melted
- 3 apples, chopped into rough cubes
- 1/4 cup sugar extra
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons milk for topping
- Mix together flour, sugar, eggs and vanilla
- Pour melted butter over dry ingredients.
- Reserve 2-3 Tablespoons of batter. Set aside
- Pour batter into shallow 24 x 34 cm greased baking tray
- Press apple pieces into batter.
Sprinkle with mixture of the extra sugar and cinnamon
- Mix milk into reserved batter and drizzle over apples
- Bake in a moderate (180 degree ) oven for about 1/2 hour or until lightly browned on top
Notes... Albina was a lovely old lady that lived across the road from us. She used to make huge slabs of this cake and share it with the neighbours.
You can serve it warm as a dessert with cream and/or ice cream or as a cake with a coffee ... yum