This Almond and Raspberry Slice is beautiful anytime but particularly delicious when hot!
Ingredients (makes 12 slices)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup gluten-free plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp nuttelex margarine, or another butter substitute
- 3 x eggs
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 7-8 tbsp almond milk
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (fan-forced), and grease a slice pan. Then in a bowl beat together the nuttelex and sugar until light and creamy, then add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and almond milk, combine, and add the baking powder, the gluten free flour and the almond meal and mix thoroughly again.
- Pour into your prepared slice pan and smooth out to the corners, then sprinkle with the frozen raspberries and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean and the top is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in slice pan before cutting and serving.
Notes... This recipe is also available on my blog, ineedafeed.wordpress.com