These almond panforte are sure to be a hit at the dessert table on Christmas day.
- 275 grams slivered almonds, oven roasted
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsps cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp flaked almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 135 degrees c.
Combine slivered almonds, almond meal, cocoa, and spices and stir to combine.
- Dissolve honey and sugar on low heat. Continue to cook without stirring until a soft ball is formed when a little is dropped into cold water.
- Combine almond mixture with honey mixture, mix well.
- Press mixture into a lined springform pan, scatter with flaked almonds, and bake for 25 mins.