For more food inspiration download Annabel’s Essential Guide to Feeding Your Baby & Toddler app. Access more than 220 delicious recipes, as well as a host of features to keep your family on track and enjoying meal times.
Download the new version from the App Store now or visit www.annabelkarmel.com
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Medium chicken
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 300g baby new potatoes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200g baby carrots, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100g frozen peas
- 300ml chicken stock (hot)
- 300ml white wine
- 2 tbsp tarragon, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C Fan.
- Put the chicken into a shallow ovenproof dish or skillet/paella dish.
- Drizzle over the oil, honey and lemon juice and season. Roast for 30 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Add the potatoes, onion, garlic and carrots and mix with the olive oil, honey and lemon in the dish around the chicken.
- Pour over the stock and wine, then put back in the oven for another 45 minutes until golden and cooked through and the vegetables are tender. You might need to cover the chicken with foil if it is getting too brown.
- Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with tarragon.