A scrumptious modern take of the traditional ANZAC cookie. These are berry-licious!
Ingredients (makes 20 Sandwich Cookies)
- 2 Cups Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup Plain, All purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 1/3 Cup Superfine (caster) sugar
- 1/3 Cup Firmly packed brown sugar
- 125g Unsalted butter
- 1/3 Cup Golden Syrup
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 350g Icing sugar, sifted
- 2tbs Barker's Blackcurrant Fruit Syrup
- 2 - 4tsp Whole Milk
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Place the rolled oats, plain flour, desiccated coconut, caster and brown sugar in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the unsalted butter and golden syrup in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat, stirring until the butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Pour into the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough into a ball and press down with your fingertips. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool completely before sandwiching with the blackcurrant filling
- Place the icing sugar and Barker’s Blackcurrant Fruit Syrup in a bowl and stir to combine. Slowly add the milk, stirring until a thick icing consistency (almost like thick cream). Add little or more milk until the consistency is achieved.