A yummy sliced based on the same ingredients as Anzac cookies.
Ingredients (makes 24 squares)
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 150 grams butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a slice pan.
- Mix the flour, oats, sugar and coconut in a big bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and golden syrup until smooth and combined. Will take around 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small jug combine the bicarbonate of soda and water.
- Add the bicarb mix to the butter mix and this will start to bubble and froth. Add to the flour mix.
- Stir until well combined and then spoon into your slice pan. Press gently until even.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Cool in the pan and then cut into squares.