Warm up from the inside out on these cold Autumn nights with a delicious Individual Apple and Blueberry Crumble … served with a scoop of ice cream!
Ingredients (makes 4 individual crumbles or 1 large one)
- 2 Pink Lady apples, peeled and diced into small pieces
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 80g Unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Flaked almonds
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup SR flour
- 60ml Maple syrup
- 3/4 cup Frozen or fresh blueberries
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the cores. Chop into 1cm cubes. Place in a large bowl, add the maple and vanilla and toss to combine with a wooden spoon. Set aside.
- To make the crumble topping, place the butter in a small saucepan over low heat until melted. Place the oats, almonds, cinnamon, flour and maple in a medium bowl. Add the melted butter and mix really well to combine.
- Divide the apple mixture between 4 shallow 1-cup-capacity (250ml) ovenproof dishes. Spoon the crumble topping onto the fruit in a thick even layer.
- Place the dishes on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until golden and the fruit is soft. Serve warm with ice cream and or cream