Ingredients (serves 8)
- 190g butter, softened
- 200g sugar
- 100g almond meal
- 190g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Use electric beaters to cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat until combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and almond meal, beat until the mixture is creamy. Fold through the maple syrup.
- Grease the base and sides of the inner pot. Add the cake batter and smooth the top to create a level finish. Place the apples on top, pushing them into the mixture slightly. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Press the BAKE button on the Phillips all in one cooker, set cooking time for 50 minutes and press START. Close Lid.
- Once cooking time is finished, remove the inner pot and set aside to cool before transferring the cake to a serving plate. Serve with custard!