This is the first recipe I made using the Philips All-In-One Cooker. The result was a deliciously moist scrumptious cake that went in a day!!
I’ll definitely be making this again!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 190 g margarine
- 200 g sugar
- 100 g almond meal
- 190 g plain flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 med - lrg Eggs
- 4 med apples - peeled, cored & grated finely
- 2 med apples - peeled, cored & sliced thinly
- 80 ml maple syrup
- Sprinkling cinnamon
- Using the Philips All-In-One Cooker firstly grease the inner pot - the base and up the sides.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the margarine with sugar until creamy, then add eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour, baking powder and almond meal. Then fold through the grated apples.
- Fold through the maple syrup.
- Add mixture to inner pot of the Cooker. Gently push in the slices of the extra two apples decoratively, then sprinkle with Cinnamon.
- Close the lid, select BAKE button, set cooking time for 50 mins and press START. When cooking is complete, let cooker cool for a good 10 mins and using tea towels lift out the Inner Pot. You can then carefully turn out the cake and quickly invert it back on to a serving plate. Cool. Cake can be slightly heated and served with cream if you like for a delicious dessert.