These Apple rose tarts are relatively easy to make and look so pretty when cooked.
Ingredients (makes 10 Tarts)
- 2 Sheets Puff pastry, thawed
- 3 large Sweet eating apples ie Pink lady
- Juice from half a lemon
- 4 TBS Apricot jam
- Ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar
- Spray oil
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees, and lightly spray a muffin tin with spray oil
- Peel the apples, and then cut them in half from top to bottom. Remove the core and then finely cut into thin slices.
- Add apple slices to a sauce pan, sprinkle with the sugar, add lemon juice and then cover them with water. Heat until boiling and then simmer until apples are just soft but don't cook them!
- Meanwhile, cut the pastry into 5 strips, and brush each strip with the jam and then sprinkle with cinnamon
- Place the apple slices (curved side up) along each strip of pastry, slightly overlapping them. You will need about 8 apple pieces per strip of pastry
- Fold the bottom section of pastry up to cover just the bottom of the apple slices, then carefully roll each strip up to make the tarts.
- Place each one into the pre prepared muffin tin, and bake in the oven for between 20 - 30 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden brown and the apples are cooked - but be careful as the edges burn easily so monitor them closely at the end!
- When cooked, allow them to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then carefully remove and place onto a wire rack
- Dust with icing sugar and they are ready to serve!