The icing sugar in the topping along with the dried fruit makes this deliciously sweet for the occasional treat!
Ingredients (makes 12 slices)
- 2 cups plain wholemeal flour
- 0.5 cup dried cranberries
- 0.5 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 250gm cream cheese
- 0.5 cup icing sugar mixture
- stir together the flour, dried fruit and shredded coconut
- Beat the eggs and add oil and milk, stirring together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry flour and stir in with the fruit (add extra milk if mixture too 'wet')
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean from slice
- Mix the cream cheese and icing sugar mixture until smooth and paste on the top of the slice