This Arabian Date and Nut Cake is a cake that full of flavour and crunch but is not too sweet.
Ingredients (makes 1 25 cm cake)
- 3/4 cup Strong hot coffee
- 1 cup Pitted dates ( chopped)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts ( chopped )
- 125 Grams Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bi carb of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre heat oven to 180 deg.. Lightly grease a 25 x 15 loaf tin and line with paper
- Pour hot coffee over chopped dates and walnuts and allow to cool
- Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat well
- Sift in dry ingredients . Lastly mix in date and nut mixture and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45- 50 minutes.
Serve dusted with icing sugar
Notes... This Arabian Date and Nut Cake keeps quite well. I also found as it got a little drier near the end a little scraping of butter went well on it. Beautiful toasted too!