A simple chicken noodle soup full of flavour, that is child friendly!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Large Chicken breast
- 1 Large Spring onion thinly sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 packet Thin Hokkien Noodles
- 1 Carrot thinly sliced
- Aisan greens of your choice
- In a large cooking pot add coconut oil, ginger and garlic. Stir together, then add spring onion and carrots. Add 2 cups of chicken stock. Place the chicken breast in, cover and let simmer on med to low heat until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and slice. Mix the remaining 2 cups of chicken stock with the soy sauce and brown sugar. Add to the pot with the 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil and add your Asian greens until wilted, (I used broccolini flowerets as my kids like it.) about 5 mins. While the soup is boiling, place the noodles in a heat proof bowl and cover with boiling water and lid/foil for 3-5 mins to soften.
- Drain noodles. Dish noodles into a bowl. Top with sliced chicken and ladle over the soup with the vegetables.